Choosing the right rehab center is essential for your successful recovery. With countless rehab centers all across the United States, finding the right one that will effectively and completely address all your needs can seem overwhelming.
With all of the stress that goes in picking the right facility for you, there are some key components that should be present in a course of treatment that ensures success in the long run. Here are some key mental and physical components of treatment that are present in successful treatment programs—look for them in the treatment that you seek, and you’ll be on a pathway to a better, more fulfilling life once more.
1. Individualized treatment plans No single course of treatment is right for every patient; a quality care facility will perform an assessment of a patient and the unique needs and provide a roadmap that includes both components for physical and mental support and a plan for ongoing care once the initial treatment period has ended. By showing interest in the patient as an individual, he can start his process of recovery knowing that his needs and desires are supported; this, in turn, allows him to feel as if he is deserving of the process of healing and recovery.
2. Specialized services that work in tandem with treatment Oftentimes, there are other pre-existing conditions that helped create an atmosphere that was conducive to addiction. These could be issues like eating disorders, deviant sexual behaviors, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety. By addressing the underlying mental and physical issues that helped to create the addiction, you are cutting their influence at its source, thus removing triggers for addictive behavior.
3. A thorough physical detox program The aftereffects of drug and alcohol addiction are far-reaching; they take their toll on the body and the mind in significant and profound ways. Providing the body a safe place to detox in, access to premium nutrition and medications that can reduce symptoms of withdrawal under supervision will create an environment that optimizes health and healing. Studies have consistently shown that when the body is free from excess toxic buildup, there are fewer mental issues that contribute to addictive behavior. The mind-body connection is an integral part of the healing process; you cannot heal one without the other.
4. Quality therapy and psychiatric care Providing the opportunity to process difficult emotions with a therapist has marked benefits for recovery. Patients who are able to develop a trusting relationship with therapists who listen and offer advice in non-judgmental ways offer much more promise than those who implement shaming strategies to effect change. Mental imbalances may go beyond traditional therapies; some drugs cause significant changes in the way the brain works. Its very chemistry has been affected by years of habitual abuse, and returning the brain to its normal state of homeostasis will require close supervision from qualified psychiatrists as well. Giving patients access to this type of comprehensive care will ensure their long term success in rehabilitation and beyond.
5. Follow up care and additional options for treatment for some patients, entering and completing a thirty-day detoxification and therapy program is enough to get started on a path to a better life. Other patients need a significantly longer period of time and more support to even begin thinking about a transition to life without addiction. Making additional options available to patients who need them is a very attractive component of a successful treatment program, and these resources should most certainly be used if there is any doubt that a patient can return to normal life successfully.
The road to recovery isn’t an easy one by any means, but it is the only way to regain control over life once more and experience all the richness and beauty that it has to offer. Surrounding yourself with the support of friends and loved ones as you begin your journey toward a healthier life will make all the difference as you once again begin to dream about all that is possible. Refuse to give up, believe that you can do it, and realize that you deserve total health and wellness. If you are experiencing problems with substance abuse and addiction, we can help. Call us today at 888-380-0342 for more information on how to get started on the path to your best life.